Monday, April 14, 2014

Now It's Time to Say Goodbye to Tuscany

Typically I would write some elaborate story about the place I visited. I have written enough about the beauty of Tuscany, and doesn't need more framing for people to understand. My sum of experience here is tied up in a month I spent with a gracious family, helping out however I could.

It gave me the opportunity to be more immersed in the language, and culture. I learned about plant extracts, breads, local flora, and got to eat some excellent meals. I had good conversations about local politics, US military effect on Italy (and likely other parts of the world), and the general trajectory of the world and the burden my generation has to change course.

Most importantly, we were able to share experiences, skills, food and stories.

Instead of a narrative, I will end with a thank you to my new friends Alexandra and Michelangelo, and a handful of pictures I took while there.














No comments:

Post a Comment